Shortly after 10 p.m. this evening, Kurt went home to be with Jesus. Although my heart is breaking, I know that he is cancer-free and totally at peace. He was a warrior, an absolute spirit of the Lord. All of you know how wonderful of a person he is, and what a hole his passing leaves in all of our lives. Even so, my heart bursts with pride at his courage, spirit, and determination. He was giggling at me even today.
I will make decisions over the coming days about services, etc.
Please know how much you all meant to us during these 15 months, and especially the last two weeks. Kurt marveled every day at the number of people reading and posting, cheering him on through his cancer battle. You all know him to have not one ounce of self-pity. He was humbled by all of your love and support, as am I. Kurt fought a horrible cancer with a spirit of love that has forever changed me, and I suspect many of you as well. He is the love of my life, and I know how much you all loved him as well. Thank you for your friendship and love.
December 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
43 comments:
Jennifer, you and Kurt fought this battle with faith, strength and resolve like nothing I've ever seen. I am so proud of you both.
Good-bye Ninja.
hum
We are thinking of you, and praying for you Jennifer
Love,
Dianne and Paige
We are so sorry Jen. There is nothing right or truly fitting to say right now.
It was a privilege to be able to spend time with him this week and in life. Please know that we're all thinking of you and are willing to do whatever we can to help. You're a trooper and everybody recognizes it. He wouldn't have stuck to it without you. Thank you for being there.
Please call us if you need anything.
With love, respect, and a really heavy heart,
Brad & Marianne Robinson & family.
My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry......I am extremely proud of the warrior Kurt became. I will miss him but he will forever live in my momories.......all my love and strength to you. Anything you need please let me know.
Love,
Ragan
You and Kurt fought this with everything you had and I admire you for that! If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Thinking of you always!
Mara
Jennifer, you and Kurt allowed yourselves to be such a part of the plan God has. Thank you for that, and for sharing it all with us. Kurt will always be one of the good guys, and it seems he picked a matching partner in you. God bless you always. You both have touched my life and I will never be the same. Continued prayers for you as your travel this journey. You are a mighty and amazing woman.
Love, James and Alison Clark and Family
Jen -
Over the last 15 months you and Kurt have shown absolutely breathtaking faith, strength, and courage - I am in awe of you. God bless and all my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Jamie
My heart and prayers go out to you and the rest of your family. There are never the right words in a time like this but I hope that you find comfort in knowing that there were many of us praying for you and Kurt during this time. You are an amazing person, I know that from following your blog, which in and of itself was a very courageous thing to do. Thanks for keeping us posted during this difficult time in your lives. Kurt is an inspiration to us all, as are you. Hang in there, you have a great family and you will get each other through this. Please give my love to Jack, Kim, Kyla and John. You will all continue to be in my prayers. Jennifer Tadej Barker and Family.
We are so sorry Jen. Brad is right, there really aren't too many words in this situation. We love you, we're here for you, and we we're also ready to do whatever we can to help.
Jim and Jessie
Oh, Jen, I am so sorry. You and Kurt have been an inspiration to all of us and more. May you know His presence in this moment and may He give you forever peace.
All our love - Jared, Andrea, and Addison.
Jen,
You probably hardly remember me - we were in pre-trial advocacy together our last semester of law school. I happened upon your blog just after graduation and I've been following and praying for both of you ever since. I just wanted to express my deepest condolences. You and Kurt will continue to be in my prayers.
Amy
Jennifer,
Our thoughts and our prayers are with you and your family through this very difficult time.
Jen,
It was an absolute honor to be invited into your struggle by Kurt. We had many talks about the reason for this journey and couldn't come up with anything but bad things happen to good people. His character and resolve in this fight were truly amazing. But almost as amazing as his fighting spirit was the way you walked through this with him. Your love and support carried him when his was weak. I cannot begin to put into words the inspiration your strength was. As a caregiver there is no harder journey then to share the end with the ones we truly cherished. You are being held closely in my heart and prayers.
Donna
Thank you for your example of what love is. Over the past 15 months, I have been inspired by your love for Jesus and each other. Please find comfort in knowing that so many people continue to lift you up in prayer and that you are forever united with Kurt through Jesus. -Meghan Beal
Jennifer, I have to echo you mother's words, the both of you showed a resolve that is truely missing in most. Know that our thoughts are with you and Kurt still.
Uncle Steve and Aunt Sandy.
Jennifer,
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Kurts mom Kim was one of my classmates. I have been following your comments for the last couple of weeks and been praying for you.
Hugs to all of your family. Praying for you. So thankful that Kurt is at Peace and with the Lord.
Jen, I feel fortunate to have been a part of Kurt's life. I will treasure the times we had at EVI and especially Thursday night sailing the rest of my life.
Be at peace that he is suffering no more.
God bless you and your family during this tough time. I will keep you all in my prayers.
Brad
My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Darla Dietrich (EVI)
Dear, Jen, your note is beautiful. I think I know what you mean by what a gift this journey has been for you at the same time you are mourning your loss. You know that I am here having recently walked a similar path. Please don't be a stranger in the days, weeks and months ahead. All our love and admiration to you and Kurt. Piper and Curt Moffatt
Jen,
I said it at your wedding, and I say it again today..."the two of you have taught people much about what true love really is". Thank you for sharing that with all of us. Words cannot express how much I wish I could be there for your now. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Love always, Jodi
Jennifer, you have been so eloquent, always having the right thing to say to support all of your and Kurt's family and friends. You have both been so strong... Thank you for sharing your strength with us all. My heart goes out to you and your family. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.
Love,
Kara Schile and the Davis Family
Jennifer,Kurt is at peace with Jesus now. He met this fight with courage and dignity with you by his side, Jen. Your strength and love kept him going. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Rich and Chris
Jen:
I am very sorry for your sad loss. Kurt was one of a kind, and they broke the mold when they made him. I met Kurt through work, and became friends with him over the years at EVI. His infectious love of life and pure unrelenting optimism was his trademark. I worked with many engineers over the years and he was certainly the best 'natural' engineer - he just had the magic knack for knowing what to do. To work on a project with Kurt on the team was a surefire way to be successful. Kurt set an outstanding example on how to live life, and that will stay with me forever.
My thoughts are with you.
Derek.
Jennifer, my prayers of comfort to you and Kurt's family at this time of sorrow. May the Lord send his Angels to comfort and protect you. Take comfort in knowing that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. We know that Kurt is now in the Lord's loving care!
Blessings,
Linda Madison
Our most heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and both Kurt's and your family. You were both so brave and unswerving in your devotion to the Lord during this battle - you are both an inspiration to us all. He is at peace now and I know that you are comforted by that.
Take care and God bless you,
Melanie and Brian
I love you Jennifer and I am soo sorry for your loss!!! I am so greatful to have met you both through this journey we will deff keep in touch and if you ever need anything I am always here. Kurt is forever in my heart and I will always remember all the memories we had in hopkins!!! he was the best fighter i knew!!
Jennifer: God bless you and Kurt! Kurt's determination and spirit are an example to us all. I know Kurt is sitting at the right hand of the father looking over you now and smiling. You are an amazing woman. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all. We love you!
Todd & Erica Capser
Oh Jennifer, I'm so sorry...I'm just heartbroken at your loss....I'm also in awe of your strength, faith and stamina. Sending our continued love and prayers.
~Cynthia in MT
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." II Corinthians 1:3-4, NIV
Jennifer...our hearts are breaking and we share your loss. May God wrap his loving arms around you and may you know His deep peace. Love, Jana Gingerich and family
You are all in our thoughts and prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.
Love,
Heather, Mike and Hadley
Dear Jen, I am amazed at the strength the two of you displayed throughout this ordeal. What a witness you two have been to all of us!
I'm rejoicing in knowing that Kurt is now in the most incredible place - beyond what we can imagine! John 8:51 records Jesus' words, "I tell you the truth, if a man keeps my word, he will never see death." I am so grateful to know that Kurt never experienced death! But I am soooo sorry for your unfathomable loss! I can't and don't want to even image what it would be like to lose your closest friend and companion. I can remember your beautiful wedding and how I thought you two made a perfect couple! Kurt undoubtedly was blessed to have such a steadfast wife.
I pray that the Lord will guide and carry you through all what lies ahead! God bless and keep you always! Love, Gigi
My heart and sympathies go out to you and your family. You have been a true example of grace, courage, and humor in waging war with this disease.
Even though we've never met, I will carry Kurt as an example of a true warrior.
Wishing you peace and comfort.
Amy Prutch
Last night I was sewing and all I could think of was Kurt. My prayers go out to you and your family. I am very thankful for your Mom to allow me to share this journey of faith, strength and love. You inspire me to be more.
Peace to you,
Crys Kyle
My heart goes out to you, your whole family and loved ones, Jennifer. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Jennifer Riedel
Hi Jen,
Please know I have been praying for you and Kurt over the last 15 months. It is so difficult to watch someone battle cancer. You did it with such strength and courage. I am praying for you and Kurt in heaven.
Love,
Carolyn Bleck
Jennifer, Our hearts goes out to you. There are so many things I want to say to you, but it doesn't seem to be enough right now. I will never forget how your love for each other have touched the hearts and lives of all of us. Kurt is a true treasure and will be missed.
Love,
Aunt Trink, Rebekah & Jeremy
Jennifer,
We just got home from work and heard the heart breaking news of your loss. We share your pain but more importantly, we feel your love for Kurt. May your memories,hope and prayer comfort you as we all celebrate the life of Kurt Owen.
Our thoughts and prayers guide you in the future.... God Bless
Kevin and Paula & all our family....
We are so sorry for you Jen, and Jack, Kim, Kyla, and John. Our prayers are with you all. Kurt will be with all of us this Christmas - with a glorious smile- from above.
If you need anything done, airport transportation, - anything, just let us know.
Arnie and Kendra
I had the honor and priviledge to work with Kurt for my 3 plus years at EVI. It is because of the fighting spirit and I dare say stubborness that Kurt possessed, that all who worked with him were somehow better people for it. I have read this blog often over the last several months and I am amazed by the courage and the dignity that you both have shown. God bless you and your family during this difficult time.
Todd
Dear Jen,
So very sorry to hear the news about Kurt. I hadn't posted here in a long, long time but you both have been in my thoughts and prayers, and will continue to be.
Drew Bittner and family
Kurt taught us how to live and how to die.We share your grief. Howard and Sandy Marks
Jennifer:
My heart broke to hear of Kurt's passing. I followed your story here and know that this was a tough fight for you both. But you met the challenge with courage, faith, and love. I know there is nothing that can be said at a time like this, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Love, Scott
Jen, The battle that you and Kurt and family waged versus this awful disease was so inspiring to Colleen and I as we have spent several days reading about your war. He will be forever missed and I will always have a special place in my heart you both.
So long for now Rifleman!
Love,
Cale
Post a Comment