December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday!

Today is my sister-in-law Kyla's 30th birthday!! So, we will be having birthday cake later today to celebrate, and probably a game or two :)

Kurt has been thrilled with all the visitors today. He is pretty wiped right now, so he is dozing. He has been eating a decent amount of solid food at breakfast and lunch, so we are noticing that the fluid is not reaccumulating in his belly quite as fast. That has allowed him to move around a little easier and be able to talk quite a bit, because it isn't so hard to breathe. 

Thank you all for the very sweet comments.  My strength comes straight from Jesus, and is bolstered every day as I witness Kurt's unflinching faith. He is steadfast ~ how could I be anything less?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen, Thanks for the update - Your attitude amazes me and makes me cry with JOY! Leave it to Kurt to want to play some game, so he can beat everyone else. His fighting spirit is manifest in this stupid cancer battle. You all have good times! JUST remember, there is no "QUIT" in KURT!!! LOVE TO ALL, esp. KURT!
G'ma D

Trink said...

I think it's great that Kurt is eating solids now. I was a little worried about the solid liquids he was eating earlier. You can never be to sure about them.

Kurt hope you get a good nights rest again, you too Jen!

Thought and many prayers with you,
Love Aunt Trink

Anonymous said...

Jen, it's Michele from the Petshotel. Kurt and I have become great friends in the last few months. I am honored to be his friend and honored to take care of your babies, Coco and Yoshi. My heart is with you both and your family. Coco and Yoshi are dear to my heart as all of you are. Kurt and Jen, stay with the lord as I know you are. As I lay down tonight, all of you are on my mind as is the LORD JESUS CHRIST ALL MIGHTY! Love you Kurt