November 23, 2009

Still don't know anything

Doctors came by and did rounds a few minutes ago. We still don't know if Kurt will be discharged today, but the doctors are working toward it. They are switching him to oral antibiotics this morning, and monitoring him to make sure his fever stays below 100.

Kurt's pretty sleepy because of the painkillers, but otherwise in good spirits. He still has lots of fluid in the abdomen and legs, but that is just part of the infection and isn't much of a danger to him. I, on the other hand, think this will do wonders for our marriage....let him see what it is like to retain water for a while ;)

Because of this hospitalization, Kurt's treatment path is necessarily up in the air now for a bit. The next SIR-Spheres, scheduled for Dec. 3, will be delayed until Kurt's liver settles down a little. Not sure when or if there will be an intervening chemo treatment.

Hopefully, we will know more in the next two hours.

1 comment:

the uribe family said...

Definitely praying for you guys!!! Obviously we're hoping so badly that you get to come out here but we want whatever it is to be the best choice and most healthy for the both of you! When you're here we'll be ready to wait on you and do whatever we need. We bought another Wii guitar for Guitar Hero so we're ready!! :) Got the Wits & Wagers all ready, too.
Love T&K