November 20, 2009

Hopkins Hilton

Kurt is now checked in for his lovely stay at the Johns Hopkins Hilton. He will probably be here most all of the weekend. We'll just have to see how things progress.  They are going to do another CT scan tonight, and try to do his transfusion as well. They still don't know exactly what is wrong ~ the doctors are looking at everything from a liver infection to pneumonia.

Meanwhile, the hospital is pretty nice. It is still in the cancer center, rather than the main hospital, so everyone knows what they are doing. Well, sort of ... the doctor watching Kurt tonight looks like he is planning to graduate high school soon. But, there is a whole team of people working on him, so I am pretty happy with the quality of care.

We should know more in the morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're thinking of you guys!
-Mara, Paul and Mia

Anonymous said...

Love you Kurt! Keep on truck'n! I think of you often and always, always, always get a grin on my face when I think of you, the song "Low Rider" and your black car! Good times! You're in my prayers! -Ragan D.

the uribe family said...

Hang in there guys! We are sending everything we've got your way as far as our angels, prayers, and love goes!!!!! Love you and thanks for the updates.

ashley said...

Hey kurt and Jennifer its Ashley I have missed you guys and I am so glad that you guys have made this so I can keep up with how everything is going. I am so sorry that you had to stay at the hospital and that everything lately has just been in and out. I promise that this journey does have an end and that end is going to be amazing. You both are in my thoughts and prayers always and Jennifer I read the blog about your honesty and I commend you for it you have to let it out and have those feelings bc if you keep them in your never going to feel better and me being a cancer patient ill tell you you go through just as much as kurt does and everything u said u feel i have felt too and your not alone if you ever want to talk or text or anything just vent i am here i wont ever mind keeping you company for awhile. I love you both and I hope and pray for amazing things coming your way soon but remember you both have eachother and that is a blessing in itself :D I look forward to reading more updates!!

Anonymous said...

Kurt stay strong and keep fighting! I am praying for you every day! I know you can kick this damn stuff! It was so great to see you this summer and will hopefully are you next summer if you head this way! Breanna buck