January 30, 2009

Holy Steroids batman

So in prep for my 6 hour oxaliplatin fun day, I got to take a quadruple dose of dexamethasone at 9 last night. To give me any chance of sleep, I also took two ambien to knock me out. And oh yeah, I had a beer with dinner at 8. Needless to say, last night was better-living-through-chemistry night. I slept like a coma until 6 this morning. Now that the ambien has worn off, I'm rockin the steroids. I had to listen to metallica and some gnr to keep the rage going. I'm ready to run a marathon or bench a volvo.

Now we got some more details on the treatment today. I just got my first 50mg of benadryl now, then I'll get 50mg every three hours. With the IV benadryl, Margaret pushed it about 30 seconds ago, and I'm really having to focus to get this post done. Gonna be a fun day.

Those of you who remember beavis and butthead, great icons in the history of american comedy, will remember the cornholio routine. This is my best attempt at it after hearing smells like teen spirit on the radio. Enjoy!!


No comments: