November 7, 2008

We're off to see the wizard....

Treatment day again today, and I can't get the Wizard of Oz song out of my head....we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of oz....

So, I haven't given an election post-mortem yet, but I've had a couple of people ask what I thought. Well (heavy sigh)....frankly, I think the party has gone so far off the rails that a little time in the wilderness to rethink core principles is needed. As for the presidency, I fundamentally disagree with Obama on pretty much everything, I think he will attempt to push a leftist agenda, and I think the Congress will encourage him to go even more liberal. But, all that aside, one really must marvel at the accomplishment itself. To go from Jim Crow laws to an African-American president in 50 years really demonstrates the best of America, and we all should be proud of that -- of the chance to erase an ugly stain from our history. And, if this election results in the final crumbling of the power brokers who peddle race victimization for a living, I'd be thrilled. But I still think we are going to get the crap taxed out of us.

We're off to see the wizard....the wonderful wizard of oz.....

I'll post again once treatment is underway!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I do have to say they had a much better organizational effort.. and he is smooth. Scary, but smooth... I am sorry to say, Nevada has contributed Harry Reid to the problem and now has added Dina Titus . . . wait til you hear her talk... I think that is why we sent her to Washington. So much for retirement, I guess I will try to keep my job for a few more years. You keep yours, also, because I may need to spread your wealth by coming to live with you. :O) Love, Grannie Channie

the uribe family said...

Great. NOw I have that song in my head too. LOL too funny!!! Have a great day. I will be thinking of you guys. Love you lots.

Frontier Mom said...

Hi Kurt, Jennifer,

Thinking of you both...keep your green beret caps on...think courage, combat, fearlessness.... bravery!! :)

Friend in MT,
Cynthia