November 14, 2008

Drugs

Kurt wanted me to post this picture of his rack of drugs. Check out the bottle on the left....who even knew drugs came in bottles like that any more? That is an actual glass bottle. Bizarro. That is the first time we have ever seen anything like that.




(I realize this may not be so fascinating to you all, but we spend a LOT of time staring at walls here, so evidently small things entertain us)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL i get it! That's the picture I wish I would've gotten when we were there for the last round! We have a pix of you Kurt hooked up to the 5FU, but no shots of the IV bags! It was hard to explain, so thanks for the visual! lotsalove, mom

Anonymous said...

BTW -- did you check the expiration date on the glass bottle? LOL

the uribe family said...

WOW that is crazy!!! I have been wondering what it all "looks like..." so thanks for the pic!!! Keep us posted. Love you guys so much.

Juanita Dietz said...

Kurt & All of you-
Just a word to say that I sent your angels out this morning, very early. IN Ps.91:11,12, it says HE will give His angels special charge over you to accompany, defend and preserve you in all of your ways. That's comforting, isn't it? Actually you have hundreds of angels watching out for you - they shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone ( in other words, you shall not even stumble). Wow --- He really does care about you, Kurt. Verse 15 says that if you call upon Him, HE will answer you. He will be with you in trouble, He will deliver you and honor you. With long LIFE, He will satisfy you and show you His salvation. As much as your friends and family care about you, GOD CARES EVEN MORE--
I know that you are under stress and Pressure has come upon you. Psa. 62:5 is so good & has been so helpful to me. Make your quiet resolve (you don't have to broadcast it from the housetops,) says "Silently submit to Him -- Oh, PTL - for MY HOPE & EXPECTATION are from Him. Just giving this evil thing that Satan is trying to put on you, to God is so restful -- relieves the stress & pressure. Read in your own Bible, Kurt, the next few verses. HE ONLY is my ROCK -- of unyielding strength and impenetrable hardness and my Refuge is in God!-- Just study, meditate; let HIS rest come upon you. I do need to say this, Kurt & Jen. you know that the Word is LIFE --- Even if you think you know a particular verse, Word of the LORD -- you (I) need to read - aloud is better, because when you read it aloud you are hearing it with you outer and your inner ear, etc. IT will put more LIFE in you, in your Spirit, etc. You are most of all, a Spirit -- you have a soul (emotions, etc.) and you live in a body -- flesh. ALL three have to be nourished; have to have that life. Don't just think about the word, but read it aloud. We can think about and recall, etc. about a baked potato, but just thinking about it gives us no nourishment. It's when we eat it that we get life, nourishment. Another verse says the Word, Life, comes by hearing and hearing the Word. So, my dear friend, remember, Life & Death are in the power of the tongue, so CHOOSE LIFE !!! My phone has been ringing and I must get moving - but as you know, my next calling may be preaching. I just know -- GOD IS GOOD -ALL THE TIME!
I hope I have given you some food for thought and prayer -- As always, Love & Prayers,
G'ma D
Here's to a quick recovery from the treatment today. I pray that you have a Restful, good weekend.
Thanks for your "blogging" --

Anonymous said...

You know, MY medicine comes in bottles too. Straight from Ireland. What a funny, little coincidence.

Stay strong brother, you're an inspiration to all of us.