Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are busily preparing for a fun holiday -- just the siblings out here with us! My sister is here now, and my sister-in-law and brother-in-law arrive tonight. We will have a small crowd over for Turkey day, and I am cooking up a storm! Almost everything from scratch [Kurt even made rolls last night]...and an organic, free-range turkey! Kurt will be up for treatment on Friday, and we will have the whole group in tow with us! These next few days will be a lot of fun -- I can't wait for everyone to get here.
Hope this note finds you and your loved ones well for Thanksgiving. I am thinking of all you who are travelling today and hoping flights are smooth. Without getting too schmaltzy, I want to say how thankful we are for all of you who are sticking with us in this battle against cancer, reading this blog, and lifting up our spirits every day. Thank you.
November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving to you! So happy you siblings could all be together... I know there will be lots of laughs, and I'm sure some competitive gaming! We all have so much to be thankful for; I know my blessings journal will have a few more pages filled today! I love and miss you all!
mom
I love the excitement that T Day & Christmas bring. Certainly will miss seeing some of you young 'uns. I know you will have a great time working your memory banks & being responsible & in charge. Do have a good, fun & happy time. We do have so much for which to be Thankful -- what with the terrorism in India, and threats made in various places. We must trust God again & again for HIS protection.
I have a request for you Owen kids and spouses -- Why don't you write a skit or compose a song or a sonnet, etc. that you can perform at Christmas time. Do we ever have a get-together when we don't have a talent show or etc?. All of you work on that. You will have fun doing that. I would like to be a little mouse and listen in on the fun!!. Kona & Makala are supposed to be working on their participation. I promise not to be G'Ma Ursula, or whoever that Hungarian accordian player was. (was fun, tho)
Jen, just keep informing us of all your activities -- I love to read your entries, yours, too, Kurt. Makes us feel closer to you. I'm so proud of both of you. I pray for your strength, your health, your happiness. & I Thank God for your staying power -- Keep Pressing In & Pressing On. Just remember those words I wrote to you some time ago -- "GOD IS STILL ON THE THRONE."
If you sit down and start enumerating your BLESSINGS, you will be shocked. Here's a song for your contemplation, called "Give Thanks."
Give thanks with a grateful heart,
Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ, His Son.
Give thanks with a grateful heart, Give thanks to the Holy One,
Give thanks because He's given Jesus Christ His Son.
And now let the weak say "I am strong,"
Let the poor say "I am rich" because of what the Lord has done for us.
And now let the weak say "I am strong."
Let the poor say "I am rich," because of what the Lord has done for us.
Give Thanks, Give Thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving, Kurt & Jen -
Loving you,
G'ma D
Post a Comment