December 6, 2008

Welcome to DC government...

So treatment went great yesterday. After the waiting room follies that Jen described (and I missed since I was in the back giving blood samples) things went along smoothly. We were out of there at 2:00. When they took the blood samples they also took a tumor marker test that hadn't been done in a while. That'll provide a good data point to see how the tumors are shrinking. We don't get those results for a few days, though.

So along the "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help" department comes this story from our street. On Thanksgiving, we saw that a nice, new Audi S4 that was parked on our street down the block from us had its wheels stolen and was sitting up on cinder blocks. It stayed that way for a few days. We have a community email listserv and there were several complaints and posts on it about the car. Later this past week, the car was gone, with cinder blocks still on the street and some deep scratches in the pavement. Despite their being a police report saying the car had been vandalized, and without contacting the owners, DC DPW came and towed the car, causing $20k in damage to it. Luckily one of the local TV news crews was there to video the morons from DPW as they destroyed this car. Here's the link to the video.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1208/575299_video.html?ref=newsstory
Warning - if you like cars this may be painful to watch.

Disclaimer - Rant Forthcoming:
Anyone who believes that a Government agency can provide the best solution to any of your problems should think about stories like this. The DC DPW employees are protected by public sector unions, making them immune to the accountability that any private sector employee has. These people need to be fired, but they can't be touched.

Think of this in the context of the federal bailouts and fixes and coming Obammunism. Imagine your health care being put in the hands of unaccountable bureaucrats like these.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...someone's feeling saucy this morning. Here in Boulder the city council is very concerned about how the prairie dogs (yes, my old SD arch-nemesis) and bikers and runners can live in peaceful harmony since, oh shocker and surprise, the prairie dogs are digging holes in the middle of the trails. I think the solution now is NOT "lead" poisoning, but to move the little guys to a happy place far away from dudes wearing too much spandex. My rant for the day.

Anonymous said...

hi kurt & jen
I've tried many times before. Will try again.
I'm sitting here at Nina's watching a football game.
How I wish I could take your place Kurt. I've lived a good life, made some mistakes, done some things wrong but for the most part, they have all turned out pretty good. do you want me to come down there?
I plan to drive somewhere but not sure of the direction.
If I can be of any encouragement please let me know.
I love you and am believing with you, You are completely healed. praise the Lord. will wait to hear from you.
Gpa Jeremy

Joe and karla said...

Hey Kurt and Jen,

FINALLY I get to leave a comment and wouldn't you know, it's on a day Kurt gives a political rant. No, I won't get started, other than to say God Bless America. oh wait, I guess He did, we elected the messiah...

ANYWAY generally I get a timed out message when I try to leave a comment even though it only takes a nanosecond to pull up the error page. My problem no doubt.

Love you both, look forward to seeing you soon, give one another a hug from your favorite aunt and here is something to chew on:

And being not weak in faith (speaking of Abraham) he considered not his own body,now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah's womb.
He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
And being fully persuaded that, what he (God) had promised, he (God) was able to perform. Romans 4: 19 - 21, read the whole chapter.

Think of what Abraham was believing God for, wow. yes, they lived longer in those days, but Sarah's womb was dead!

As I pray, even yet, as from day one, God keeps reminding me that His words are spirit, they are life, and healing and health to all your flesh!!

Your Aunt Karla loves you! (so does your Uncle Joe, though he probably won't admit it)
Happy one day late Sqyla's b'day!

Anonymous said...

WOW. the footage says it all. have you seen idiocracy?

Anonymous said...

Also, if that was my claim, I would totally subrogate the city for the damage to the Audi.