December 19, 2008

Happy Holidays!

The chemo ward has a decidedly Christmas-y feeling today, which is nice. The whole place is buzzing -- everyone talking about their Christmas plans, family visits, gift exchanges...very fun atmosphere!

Kurt's chemo drugs started flowing about 10 minutes ago -- everything is going very smoothly this morning. He is sound asleep. Today is a short day -- we should be done in about 2 hours from now.

As I mentioned, I will once again completely fail to send out Christmas cards. I've never been very good at that anyhow, and this year, it was completely off my radar screen. So, let me take this opportunity to say Merry Christmas to everyone! Despite the trials Kurt and I are facing now, there has been much to celebrate this year and we count our numerous blessings daily. Kurt and I both turned 30 this year, and had great celebrations of that new milestone; I finished law school and was admitted to the Montana bar; Kurt and his sailing buddies did really well, even winning a few races; we had the amazing opportunity to drive across country and see parts of America that neither of us had ever seen; and even this crappy cancer has brought some joy to our lives. Both Kurt and I are kind of independent and private people. This cancer battle has challenged us to be more open, reach out to people, rely on people, and let others help us through. It has been incredible to feel the love and support pour out, teaching us some major lessons. I don't think cancer intended to bring that joy to us, so I say, again "Ha! Suck it, tumor!!" ;)

Kurt may post over the weekend, but I am signing off until after the holidays. Kurt is back in treatment on Dec. 30, so that will probably be the next time I post. I wish everyone reading this the happiest of holidays. God Bless you and your families, and may Santa bring you everything you wish for!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen, for the info, good words and good wishes. Merry Christmas to you and Kurt! Jen, you be sure and get some good rest this weekend. We have to have you healthy to keep us all posted. I really enjoy your sharp sense of humor in posting. This is my baking day, so best hit it. See you soon in MT. Be sure and bring your mittens and long handles/ we are having a real winter here - snow, & high is to be -5 and we have already hit that mark. Glad that Kurt can sleep while getting the meds. Safe traveling to you & I pray for your flights to be on time and comfortable.
Loving you as always - G'ma D
Everyday you fight this war, Kurt, is one day closer to VICTORY! Yea, Yea! You're (we're) WINNING!

Anonymous said...

Holiday Greetings to you both! Just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. It is good to read this blog and know that even on your worst days, life is good.
Hang in there, warrior!
Love,
Lila Armstrong

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kurt & Jennifer from "frigid" Montana...we've been spoiled...this is a REAL winter:-)

You continue to be in our prayers daily! God has blessed you with many weapons in this battle...the prayers of so many, HUMOR {you make my day}...and a biggie; your POSITIVE attitudes...you both bless my heart!!!!

Thinking of you fondly & prayerfully, Myrna Stone

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas guys!

~Mara, Paul and Mia