September 12, 2008

Small victories!

I know all of you are sending out prayers and activating prayer chains for Kurt, and, wow, have we got the angels working overtime. But it is working. Two examples from today:

1) For all of you who have been praying for this process to move just a little faster so we can begin the path to remission: Success! We got a call today -- our appointment at Johns Hopkins has been moved from Sept. 23rd up to the 16th. Yay!!

2) Kurt and I are hanging out at the ER tonight....thankfully. Kurt has been dealing with a cramp in his calf that started I think on Wednesday (the days blur together). Today, the pain got pretty intense, so we asked the oncology nurse about it, and she figured it was a cramp -- as did we. So Kurt went up to see his chiropractor, to work the cramp out. Nothing doing -- the chiropractor took one look at it, said it looked like a clot, and told Kurt to get it checked out. So we raced back to GW, and went through about two hours of back and forth trying to sneak in at 5 p.m. on a Friday. Eventually, Kurt got annoyed and decided we should leave and just have it checked out tomorrow. As we were driving home, the oncology nurse we met with this morning called us. She said that Kurt's chiropractor called her to make sure he got in today to get the clot checked out, so she called us to tell Kurt to go to the ER and not mess around. Kurt said that when we left the hospital before, he said a prayer that he would be safe, and not 5 minutes later, my cell phone rang. So we are in the ER, where -- judging by the scene around us -- I believe we will be spending most of our Friday night.

I'll post when we get done tonight to let you know that everything checked out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okedoke, I'm adding a lot of your info to my blessings journal! Blessings that the chiropractor followed thru and the oncology nurse is on top of it! I believe!
lotsalove,
mom