October 31, 2008

It was a good day

All's well that ends well!

I'm home, with a full load of meds, and just about gassed. It was a long day. We didn't get out of Hopkins until about 6:30, but I did get all the drugs today. My next CT scan is on the calendar for 11/18, 2 1/2 short weeks away! I feel good after treatment today, so it was a very good day!

My favorite part of today was when we were walking back after the doctor checked out my port scar. The pediatric oncology kids were having a costume parade through the main hallways at Hopkins. It was so inspiring seeing those kids, all of them in tougher shape than I am, all dressed up in their costumes. It was very cool.

Mom & Dad are out here and spent the day up with us at Hopkins. It's great to have them out here this weekend.

We got our car back from the body shop, which is very good.

So it's bedtime now, after a very good day. Thanks again for all your prayers and support!

3 comments:

Juanita Dietz said...

Thanks, K & J, for keeping us informed on the progress. I pray that God keeps sending the little miracles all along the way. Little miracles equal one big miracle - your complete HEALING, Kurt. I believe that the "drugs" will do what they were designed to do & you will feel stronger each day. I'm praying for you, too, Jen to be a "ROCK" for Kurt.--for the both of you so stand strong for each other. It's a beautiful "BIG SKY" day here, but I hear speculation on a "norther" coming soon. I better get the wood pile stocked. Have a wonderful, strengthening 2 1/2 weeks, Kurt. Remember that SURELY goodness and mercy follow you, they are chasing you down. PTL. Psa.19:7 says "The law of the Lord is perfect --- the testimony of the LORD is Sure --The word "perfect" means having no defects nor flaws. That tells us that it works every time it is properly put to work."Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE when we put our Trust in God.! (I have a song about that that I'll teach you sometime, Kurt.) Now you all go out and have a great day! Loving you, G'ma D

stacey said...

Stacey says: Stacey who? I'm just the trainer of Vikki and Robin(Yes you can thank me for their smokin new bodies) I am the trainer who has been and still is in a "waging war." I'm the flip here, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer a year and a half ago. They found it in a late stage 4 all over her body not just the breast, they gave her a few months because of the severity of the cancer. Well here we are a year and a half later she's still kickin, and the cancer is still shrinking. I'm not going to go on for a hope story because I felt like if I heard one more of those I was going to puck! Cancer stories are like labor stories, everyone is different, and no two experiences are the same. I just wanted you to know this dosen't mean your life is over, it's a bump in the road, that no one wants to go through, but you will get through it, and be stronger. Friends of mine say how do you cope with your mom fighting cancer, I just don't let my brain go their. You can't surround yourself with the cancer, I think every day there is no other option but for her to fight this, its only a matter of when its gone. Besides she can't die, she's my rock, she has been there for me over and over again. As I'm sure Jen and Kurt you are for each other. So don't go there, take it a day at a time, and think thoughts of the future. I have known The Freeman's for a very little time but to know that they are amazing genuine people, that are worried for both of you. Rembering that it's not just the person with cancer that goes through trama, it's everyone that loves you. I went to visit my mom when she found out, everyone did, we all gathered around her, and talked about her, her, her. A week later I got up in the middle of the night, and found her husband crying with a bottle of whisky. It didn't dawn on me until then how much this was affecting him to. Take turns being weak and strong. Everyone is going to need it. I was so mad at my mom for handling her cancer the way she was. I had to come to terms that this isn't my cancer, and I don't know how'd I'd deal with it. So support each other with no judgements. I know I'm just the trainer, but I felt like I wanted to write this to you. And give just another "labor" story, take from it what you can. I have been and will continue to pray strength for everyone.
Stacey

the uribe family said...

Glad you are feeling well, and looking to those young 'ens for strength and inspiration. As a 2nd grade teacher, of 7- and 8-year olds, I too look to them for inspiration, innocence, and strength. I hope you've enjoyed having Ma & Pa there for the weekend. I sure am looking forward to a huge hug when I see you in about 3 weeks. Both of you. Love you lots and thanks again for the updates.