Today, we are delayed starting treatment because the incision where he had his port put in is pulling apart. So we are over in surgery now waiting to see a doctor to fix it. Hopefully, this part will go quickly so we can get back over to the chemo ward.
Today is supposed to be a full dose day - erbitux (cetuximab) + the other cocktail of drugs. And we have to have the last round started by about 4 to get it all done today. So we need to get going - with all the pre-meds and such, it will take about 5 hours to get everything in.
So I am predictably impatient. I'll keep you all posted as the day unfolds!
--
Sent from my mobile device
4 comments:
Thinking about you guys today. Good luck!
ArrrggghhhH!!! Jen, I don't know how you do it. You are all in my thoughts today. Lots of love to you.
Jen & Kurt,
I'd like to take a minute and tell your friends and family who read this blog about my most recent week with you:
These two people are amazing! In the few weeks since Kurt's diagnosis, they have completely changed their lifestyles and habits. They know more about nutrition than you can imagine. We could all learn something from them. They are truly the epitome of "The Lord helps those who help themselves." Watching them work together, doing their part in this battle really exemplifies what marriage and love are all about.
I would also like to remind you all to continue to post your comments, words of encouragement, and jokes on this blog. If you follow this blog because you know a friend or relative of Kurt or Jen, please say hi, tell them how you know them and that you're following their progress and thinking about them. I know they would be touched by how many people that they may never have met care about how they're doing.
Finally to Jen and Kurt, I love you guys so much and I couldn't be more proud of you. You are both a fine example of what any parent would hope their children would grow up to be!
hum
Hi Kurt, Jennifer,
I'm a Make A Wish friend of your Moms in Montana....she shared your challenges and blog yesterday. You two seem to have a lotta fight in you – just remember to stay the course and NEVER give in...you may be at the mercy of some wild and crazy hospital staff but not at the mercy of cancer. Beyond that, you always have God’s mercies...and they’re always plentiful!!! Hope you know you have our prayers and those of the Make A Wish family.
Cynthia
Post a Comment