April 17, 2009

Furlough!!

We get a week off!!

Kurt's treatment was fine today -- quick 2 hour erbitux drip. He's dozing now -- we got home about two hours ago. BUT, even better, Kurt is taking next Friday off! He has a three-day regatta next weekend, so they are giving him a break. He is heading out Sunday for a day race, and I know he is so happy that sailing season is here again. The chemo makes his skin very sensitive, so he is going to have to slather some serious SPF on, but otherwise he should have no problem getting out on the boat.

So, you may not hear much from us next week. Kurt is going to a conference in Detroit and I have a speech in Illinois, and then he'll be in annapolis for the race all next weekend. If we hear anything about the other treatments we are pursuing, we'll post on that. Otherwise, we are taking a cancer break for a week! Whoo-hoo!!

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow! It's like it's somebody's birthday! Have a great break!
hum

the uribe family said...

Yay-hoo!! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! so glad you can take a break! Enjoy! whoo-hoo is the word for the week!

Anonymous said...

Jen, thanks so much for the great photos and sharing the very special story on how you met! I'm a little behind in commenting so I thought I'd comment after the latest entry so you'd be sure to read it. You make a very special couple, and with the love you have for each other and the Lord, you CAN win this war! I hope you two have a wonderful time off! God bless and keep you always! Love Gigi

the uribe family said...

Happy Anniversary you two!

the uribe family said...

Kurt,
One of my 2nd graders wrote a poem and said that it will help you and make you feel good. (We're working on the poetry genre of writing...it caught my eye and I asked her if she could make me a copy to have for you.)

"Be Glad"
Be glad I'm me be glad
you're you be glad God
made you be glad he's the
light for you. be glad he's the
day of your days. be glad
he's a live by your side
every day he's with you.
By Madde

Love you!!!