April 10, 2009

Karaoke

As many of you all know by know, when Kurt has his long treatment days like today, he has to take a bunch of steriods on Thursday night...which means the Friday morning drive to Baltimore is usually "karaoke at the top of your lungs" hour. This morning's drive nearly ended the marriage. There was a brief moment where I thought Kurt was going to prove that he knew all the words to Brittney Spears' "Hit Me Baby One More Time." I just don't think we would have ever been the same. Fortunately, he trailed off after the chorus...disaster narrowly averted.

Kurt will be video blogging today - the video he posted this morning took 4 takes. He fell asleep during two of them. That benadryl is killer.

Treatment started about 40 minutes ago. Kurt is dozing and watching Blazing Saddles, I believe. We have a busy weekend -- a wedding to go to tomorrow and then Easter Sunday services at Arlington Cemetary. That is one of my all-time favorite Washington traditions....6:30 at the ampitheater, military bands, doves released after the service...amazing. I'm a little worried about Kurt's neuropathy in the early morning cold, but I'll get him wrapped up like a four-year-old going out to play in the snow. I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

Happy Good Friday, everyone, and have a wonderful Easter. Stay tuned for more video blogs throughout the day.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

I recently had the pleasure of that early morning karaoke drive. And I can attest to the fact that when Jen says "at the top of his lungs", she's not just whistling Dixie (and you couldn't hear it if she was)! The radio station is constantly switched between 80's and 90's and with Kurt singing and Jennifer laying on the steering wheel laughing, it's a ride that you'll never forget!

And, in Kurt's defense, he does know some of the words to some of the songs!

Anonymous said...

...and the words he can't remember, or get from his foggy brain to his mouth, he makes up... and defends them passionately!

Jennifer said...

Oh, that is so true! He may be wrong, but you'll never convince him of that. Sometimes, he will just mumble and then assert that he knew the words :)

It is SO painful - I can't carry a tune in a steel bucket, but I learn words so easily. Kurt has a wonderful voice, but he can't be restrained by actual lyrics!

Hagedorn said...

Please take pictures of Kurt in his snowsuit on Sunday morning. I also hope you find him some moonboots.

Joe and karla said...

Well, I will say that when you are making your Friday videos your mind is "a-glow with whirling transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention" just like Hedley Lamar's...So what did you decide? Is or is not Blazing Saddles full of great quotes, at least one of which can be applied to any situation in life???

Lots of plink plinking going on out back, at our annual Easter Egg Shoot. Gone through about five dozen beautiful eggs so far...probably much more in .22 shells.

Karla