February 27, 2009

mmmmm toasty

That's what I am right now. I really thought I could put up a post earlier this morning, but the pink cristina aguilera monsters kept chasing the mouse cursor around the screen, so I figured that I'd better sleeep this one out. good call. erbitux goes down much betteer when I'm asleep. quick. speedy. fast. it's a weird feeling with the total uppers of the dex compared to the total downers of the benadryl et al. as i was driving in i was trying to list all the drugs i get today. here's my best recollection: dexamethasone, benadryl, zofran, calcium, magnesium, erbitux, oxaliplatin, leucovorin, and 5-FU. I like saying 5FU. It's fun. I wish I had the Big Lebowski up with me now. that's a good movie. It would be really funny right now. I'll watch dodgeball instead. that's really funny too. That's all for now. I need to watch a movie. Bye!!

UPDATE 1625 ZULU TIME.
CHEMO DAYBEAD NUMBER 3
JOHNS HOPKINS WEINBERG HOSPITAL BUILDING

So we're back on the uppers. Just got shot with another 10mg of Dexamethasone, the steroid. The aquilera monsters are gone, my fingers are back down to normal size from the 6" diameter they were a bit ago, and I have a real desire to listen to pantera and rage against the machine. Better living through chemistry indeed!!!

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Uh . . . wow . . . I have nothing else to say.

Anonymous said...

nothing else to say at all....

hang in there, hammer, i'm sure jon's flights will make it today....

jen --- thinking about you!
love you both! mom

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Now, now. You're overstimulated. We need to get you home and get some beer in you. And then its straight to bed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kurt & Jen,
News from you has been slow this week, as you probably know. An old quotation says that "No news is good news", so I am believing that. Let us know what's going on w/you. I trust that the manifestation of your improving and healing is becoming more evident all the time.
Remember that God works in the dark, too; even when it seems he's taken a few days off, he is still working in your life. Kurt keep you HOPE high. Let HOPE be your life support; your anchor!!!
Still LOVING YOU! G'ma D
A gorgeous day in the BIG SKY today. PTL!