Evidently, cancer also causes car trouble.
As you know, shortly after diagnosis, Kurt was rear-ended on I-95, while on his way to Hopkins for a blood clot. Then, in the early hours before one of the first few treatment cycles, my car was broken into. Last night, I was rear-ended on Constitution Ave. Boo. Because Kurt and I were not at fault for any of these, nor were we able to prevent any of them, these incidents fall in the category of "unacceptable events outside of our control that pretty much suck." Cancer is the granddaddy of that category, so by the transitive property of suckiness (suckyness?), cancer is to blame for our car headaches.
The best, I mean BEST, part happened this morning at 7:15. Fortunately, I was in the shower, but an attorney left a message for me, offering "to explain my rights and assist in recovering personal injury claims." (I don't have any. I'm fine.) Hysterical. I am at once totally amused and completely furious. Furious, because he is giving my profession such a bad name. Amused, because...seriously? DC has the highest concentration of attorneys per capita. What are the odds he would call someone who is an attorney? Moron.
In other news, Kurt handled the oxaliplatin fine last Friday -- sorry about the lack of update. He's been pretty tired this weekend, and worked from home yesterday. But, he should be able to continue treatment, just with a lot of pre-meds...and I expect more steroid-induced circuses, like the video from last week. So, fun!
February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I totally get it and use the "transitive property of suckiness" argument to blame cancer for my jeep ABS brakes failing (no wreck or anything - actually I'd never know it except the ABS light will not go off! LMAO) and the rest of the "cancer gremlins" that are causing all kinds of glitches in my jeep. I even blame cancer for burning the pasta. Who can't cook pasta? a mom who can't concentrate on tasks at hand because her kid is in this war on cancer {LMAO I know, kurt, you think my brain function, or lack of brain function was in question before this war started...}so see? cancer is to blame for ALL my headaches, car and kitchen!
Jennifer, I am still laughing at the conversation that COULD HAVE taken place if you'd just answered that call from the attorney! ...
So glad the pre-meds were effective so the oxaliplatin could be infused...another blessing in this war on stupid cancer.
BTW, I am wearing my STUPID CANCER shirt this morning. love it.
love you two tons!
mom
OK what is it about those Owen boys? I was telling Jon about my Jeep gremlins, and he got a funny smirk on his face. Apparently, leaving town after the Christmas Eve church service, Jon, {with Kurt NOT trying to stop him, I'm sure}, decided to see how many brodies my Jeep Liberty could spin on Main Street in Geraldine, MT. After the last successful 360, all the warning lights came on. ABS, 4WD, traction control, service engine....Hmmmmm. Kurt suggested they shut off the engine, and when they restarted, all the lights stayed off. Success! Hmmmmmmm. My first visit to the dealership was the day AFTER Christmas, the next time the Jeep was driven. Hmmmmmmm My appointment to replace the left rear sensor is Thursday. The service technician is sure it's because of mud and snow. Hmmmmmmmm Imagine. I still also blame cancer for my car trouble. ~mom
AYC party was grand! Chuck & kids looked sharp. Pat & John also looked cute. Leonard
Glad to hear Kurt is doing so well! I never had a doubt.
Jennifer I think you should call that lawyer back and "chat" with him. Just think of it as therapy. Even with out your legal back ground I'm sure it would be highly entertaining.
Keeping you both in by prayers,
Aunt Trink
just to get my side in. that jeep is terrible. mom's taurus that she had when kurt was in high school was way better. remember kurt, had to go in reverse.hahahhah
jen what are your lawyer fees, mom is kinda upset. not to mention sick. watch out dad and i. so glad to hear everything is good. miss you both and love reading the stories. take care
bro. jon
Jennifer, consider this a great big Grandpa & Grandma Hug....
Post a Comment