Nice. I leave town for three days and Kurt starts sassing me on the blog. Classic.
We're back at Hopkins today for treatment. The chemo ward is closed tomorrow, so everyone who gets Friday treatments is crammed in today. It is a little bit of a zoo today, and everything is running a little more behind than normal. Kurt started the drip about 45 minutes ago. To get through all the drugs before the end of the day today, the nurses are speeding up the rate of infusion...which means they have to knock him flat out with Benadryl to make sure he doesn't react. We are talking full coma -- I have to shake him to stop the snoring :)
We learned today that part of Kurt's rash is infected -- staph and strep. I didn't know you could get strep somewhere besides your throat! Kurt's going to get some monster antibiotics to take home...because we were a little short on pharmaceuticals. There is a 45% chance that the DEA raids us for running an unauthorized pharmacy. Good thing they are busy investigating Michael Jackson's death. Speaking of which, I wish the media would cover his untimely death a little more. I really need to know how Elizabeth Taylor is taking all this.
Anyhow, I hope everyone has great plans for the holiday weekend! I discovered yesterday that Barry Manilow is performing at the Capitol 4th celebration on the Mall. This is huge! (anyone making fun of me gets banned from the blog) I don't think we are going to fight the crowds on Saturday, but we may try to sneak down for the rehearsal tomorrow or at least watch a part of it on PBS. I recommend it to you all -- his last CD had a beautiful song called "Let Freedom Ring," which I am sure he will perform. Fabulous. Oh, and I think Aretha Franklin is singing too.
We are waiting eagerly to hear from the University of Maryland -- we are seeking some liver-directed therapies there -- so we will hopefully know early next week if that will be an option. Lots of change underway over the next few weeks....but all of it focused on getting curative treatment! Now, if we can just get this all scheduled before this disastrous health care "reform" passes....you all can look forward to our thoughts on that throughout the month of July.
Happy Independence Day everyone -- celebrate freedom this weekend!!
July 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy 4th Holiday to You, too!
I'm glad you are on the drugs & I pray that every drop does its job & soon you will have to take NO MORE!
I am praying for you & those doctors that you trust to have GOD'S WISDOM in all the decisions.
& Yes, we cannot let this "Health" bill go through. It doesn't sound good fot us older folks. One man (sorry that I don't know if he was a planner or a reporter, but he said, we need to cut Medicare and benefits for the elderly because they don't contribute to our society, financially or otherwise. I have 3 elderly house guests right now and I'm sure that will be a topic of conversation at the lunch table when we run to Fort Benton in a few minutes.
Our big news this last week was the Grizzly Bear on our property. I hope you saw it on the internet. There are getting to be too many of those over the state. (Just my opinion)
I continue to ask the LORD to bless & keep you and make you fit for HIS service. Love you, K & J -Have a wonderful weekend.
G'ma D
Wow, Jen! Lots of info packed into that blog! Before the SWAT team storms your house, can I send you a short list of a couple things I could use (I assume your pharmacy is internet-based). I just don't want any of those sleeping pills Michael Jackson was trying to get!! And - never mind about Liz (doesn't she have a wedding to plan?) - is Diana Ross young enough to handle the little princes and princess?
Anyway, hope the medicine helps Kurt's rash. Yuck! Always something, huh?
Having been a Fanilow before it was cool (!), I'll be watching him - right after the Annual Pet Parade. My favorite event of the year. At least an hour of complete chaos marching through downtown Bend!
Have a great weekend! hum
I'm really considering the consequences to losing blog priveleges - as yet I guess I'll hold comments about the concert. Love you guys!
Wow - - this blog was almost as good as Thanksgiving family dinner conversations,. anyway ..enjoy the holiday activities and keep up the posting.
Love and prayers from both of us..
"Her name was Lola, she was a showgirl..."
Dangit - now I'm going to have to listen to that one to get it out of my head. Thanks for the earworm.
. . . Or as Jennifer sings it:
"His name was Rambo, he was a show dog."
Oh, Rambo -- my little weiner dog!! He LUVED Manilow. He would have won the Bend Pet Parade
we're very happy about all the cancer markers doing good things, and will follow the news out of u of md closely, so post about that when you hear something! ugh, sorry kurt is so rashy and infected. hopefully barry lifted his spirits and the antibiotics did their job too :-)
I'm looking forward to more good news in July and your thoughts on health care and other pertinent issues of the day.
I have missed our talks, one political junkie to another.
Thanks be to God, who ALWAYS causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus! I Cor 2:14
Karla
Post a Comment