Today's the official start data of cycle 18. Yee haw!! I'm all plugged in and ready to go. Haven't got my pre-meds yet, but they're coming any minute now. Margaret is already cracking me up, so I know it's gonna be a good day!
We had a good talk with Dr. Garofalo at the U of MD. He's very very nice, spending a half-hour on the phone with us explaining everything in great detail. He wants to get some more data on how widespread the disease is in my liver, so we're going to get an MRI next week over at UMD. A good thing is that the reason he wants more data is because he sees so little liver involvement from the June 4th PET scan done at MD Anderson. He's supportive of our overall plan using the liver-directed therapy as a stepping stone into surgery at NIH. It was a really good talk, and we're excited to meet him and bring him on board with our ever-expanding team.
On Tuesday we also had a good talk with Dr. Donehower. He's finally showing indications that he's on board with our overall plan of aggressive attack. He is very excited by the idea that I'm taking a break to head back to MT. He's confident that the short chemo break won't lead to any ill effects, and that the time on the farm will replenish my body, mind, and spirit, which he agrees is just what I need right now. I'm practically counting the days until I leave, all the while panicking about making sure that the guys at work are going to get good stuff accomplished while I'm gone.
Alright - here comes the benadryl, so it's lights out time for me! More later...
July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Kurt & Jen;
Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for HIM, & He shall give thee thy heart's desire, Oh, Rest in the Lord. Ponder and meditate Psalm 37- So Good! Stay in HOPE -- Be a "prisoner" of HOPE.
Love 'ya,
G'ma D
Kurt I'm curious if lights out is like a trip from "The Big Lebowski" or if its just lights out. I prefer the spinning half-naked women set to trippy music in my sleep.
BMR.
Kurtttt-
Hi!!
I really think that is actually a good thing, and very important to take a small/or short break from the chemo./ like you are doing.
Other EC fighters that I know whom are going through treatments are doing super well whom are taking short/or longer periods of breaks between different cycles of new drugs that they begin from there doctors.
They are focusing more on their diet, rest, energy, happiness, hobbies, and activities that they enjoy doing this time :-)
I think g-d is ultimately leading the way for you and wants you to be able to surround yourself with the high spirits and vibes of Jennifer and other family and friends, and to be able to do some of the other things that you really really enjoy before buckling down for more treatment.
Keep staying strong!! You are a real a$$ kicker!! LOL :-)
Sending much luv to TEAM OWEN!!!!
Keep On Rockin'!!!!!!
x's and o's always!!
BG!!!
Post a Comment