March 9, 2009

Thank God for Spring!!

I'm so glad that Spring has finally arrived here in DC! I never thought I'd ever say this, but I'm happy to have humidity back in our lives. The dry air we've had all winter has really been playing havoc with my rash, and it's amazing to watch it go away with a little humidity back in the air. I had a good bike ride on Sunday, which was excellent! Of course, I overestimated my endurance, and had to have Jen come pick me up. Next time I'll remember I have to ride back up all the hills... It felt great to get some good exercise again, and I'm looking forward to riding after work during the week. I'm also getting pumped for the upcoming sailing season. We've got races starting in April, so I've got to get back into shape!

Thanks as always for the prayers and well wishes! They have really helped us these past few weeks!

3 comments:

Robin Freeman said...

Well I'm glad you are getting spring! I'm returning from an overnight trip to Billings (Monday & Tuesday). It was snowing in Seattle on my way through Monday, and the temperature was sub-zero in Billings yesterday and today. Keep the exercise and bike riding up - what a great way to enjoy the city!

Joe and karla said...

That happened to me once, back when the Teton ran year round and I had ambition. A sudden cold snap left the river frozen smooth as glass so I set off on my ice skates. When I got downstream a couple miles I turned for home and discovered that even though the river seems slow running, it IS a continuous DOWNstream flow, and skating upstream was way harder than I thought.

And I couldn't even play the "C" card and call for home!

After that I learned to skate upstream first, and then coast back home.

But I'm glad to hear you are feeling strong:
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles. They shall run and not be weary and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

your Aunt Karla loves you and is standing in the gap for you!!

Joe and karla said...

Take some time to sit down and properly digest the following article. It will help you understand why we all know, intuitively, how vitally important it is to be positive and upbeat as we fight this war:

http://www.speakfaith.com/articles/why_speak_your_faith.html

Karla