Still waiting to get into the pet scan. We're both bored out of our
minds waiting.
Had a good visit with Dr. Ajani, a medical oncologist. He told us that
I'm doing well for being in what he called the early stage of chemo.
He explained that they usually don't start using targeted therapies
until about 18 months after diagnosis. That's a little longer than
we'd like to wait, but at least he puts forward a full plan. The big
thing to come out of the visit is that my case will be presented at
their multi-disciplinary tumor board next week. We'll get a call from
them later in the week with their full treatment plan. Should be good!
So the rest of the day is going to be pretty boring. Stay tuned for more!
--
Sent from my mobile device
5 comments:
So is that a line from a movie that I don't know - or your own "creative" writing?
That's not a bad slogan either. We should start printing t-shirts. Glad to hear that you're hearing "plans" that are a little closer to what you have in mind.
I don't know if you're sleepy or not, but the best part of the pet scan is when they shut you in a dark room with a blindfold and command you to take a nap for an hour. That's good for those of us who are perpetually sleep-deprived.
So - Jen - I hope you looked at the Bible verse for today - It says something like "have confidence in your leaders.....I just tought I'd point that out.
Sorry - Kurt - had to remind Jen who won the election.
Hey - you two - go get 'em!
So sad that my friend Shelley is going to have to be banned from commenting. On her first try, too. ;)
Post a Comment