Thank you to all of you who attended Kurt's memorial service in Geraldine yesterday. The standing room-only crowd is yet another reminder of how many lives Kurt touched.
The service was lovely, and it was very comforting to spend time in the community that has been a second home for 15 years.
Because this blog has always been about candid experiences, I have to tell you that I am dreading this day....the day that the services are over and we are all supposed to move on. As draining as the memorial services are, there is so much comfort in being surrounded by people who love Kurt.
I have not yet decided what to do with this blog, but for now, I am still checking it, so please feel free to continue posting notes, stories, and memories.
January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It was our great honor to be there for Kurt, and for you.
He is, and forever will be, a hero to me for his unwavering strength, love, and faith.
Much love to you from all of us. Looking forward to seeing you under different circumstances.
JP, Mary, and the carnival.
The service in Geraldine was truly a testament to the greatness of Kurt. JP said it best - it was an honor to be there for you and Kurt.
I know you were dreading the days following the MT service, but anytime you want to be surrounded by people who love Kurt, just reach - we are here. After being in both DC and Geraldine, I know I am but one of hundreds who is proud to call Kurt my friend. We are here anytime you need reminding of that.
I send you hugs- although you dont know me, I know his mama... please wrap your arms around her for me. mama to mama- i cannot imagine her pain. Woman to woman... i cannot phathom yours.... i wish you peace in your heart. You are a beautiful soul. this was so obvious in your writing. What a blessing you are.
leslie woodfill
Dear Jennifer,
I encourage you to leave the blog up as your's and Kurt's testimony of faith for others battling cancer.
God Bless,
Scott H.
Post a Comment